Thinking about membership at First Baptist Church of Freeport? That’s great! Membership at FBC is a pretty big deal. That’s not because we think members are better than anyone else; it’s because joining a church is a commitment. Commitment is what makes members different from attenders just like the difference between living together and getting married. If you’re just living together there’s no commitment; you can walk out at any moment. Marriage means you’re committed for the duration.
At FBC we never ask our members to do more than the Bible clearly teaches. We only expect our members to do what the Bible expects every Christian to do. If you choose to join FBC-Freeport this is what you’re committing to:
- I will protect the unity of my church by acting in love toward the other members, refusing to gossip, by following the leaders.
- I will share the responsibility of my church by praying for its growth, by inviting the unchurched to attend, by warmly welcoming those who visit.
- I will support the testimony of my church by attending faithfully, by living a godly life, by giving regualry.
- I will seve the ministry of my church by discovering my gifts and talents, by being equipped to serve my pastor and ministry leaders, by developing a servant’s heart.
Who can be a member?
- Membership at FBC-Freeport is open to anyone who has placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins and then has been baptized by immersion by a body of believers of like faith and practice.
- If you have not yet placed your faith in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins and would like to do so, we will be glad to share with you how you can follow through with this spiritual decision.
- If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins, but have not followed that with baptism by immersion and would like to do so, we will be glad to share with you how you can follow through with this spiritual decision.
We ask each person considering membership with FBC to participate in our fbc101 : MEMBERSHIP Class to help you get better acquainted with who we are, with our beliefs, and ministries. fbc101 is held periodically on Sunday mornings. Please check current bulletins or newsletter for upcoming dates.
If you choose to join the First Baptist church of Freeport family, please come forward during the “Welcome Time” or “Time of Response” and let a ministry leader know of your intentions, or you may contact the church office, 979.233.5347.
Once you have joined, we offer many different ministries to help you begin to connect with your new church family, deepen your relationship with God, and change your life!